Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Aran Galligan

Ok, so I can't get any pictures off of Aran Galligan's very lovely website, so you'll all just have to visit it yourself. Personally I really liked the silhouette collection and the open work collection. I just thought they all are really beautiful and interesting. And I think little nice touches. In the openwork section, this one piece is very simple yet decorative (oxymoron?) but then on the back is this very nice pierced out tree. It's all about the details. And I love View From My Window in the Silhouette collection. Layers of pierced out branches. And then there is this:

"There is an interesting line between disgust and intrigue.... My work is the merging of a beautiful object and an uncomfortable thought."

I love it.

1 comment:

Liz Steiner said...

All this work is gorgeous! Good choices of artists!