Monday, February 2, 2009

Thesis Work

This weekend Karen and I pulled out the light box, and with the help of Nick, we took some preliminary photos. The light box is awesome. It was really neat to see how even the light came out and try it out. These pieces weren't quite done, but it's nice to have these progress shots. I'm really happy with these.

Trying out the light box turned out to be good for another reason. The ridiculousness that is this light box continues because one of the light fixtures is in European voltage. It's uh...being handled.



2 comments:

Katy Ginger said...

Lizzy that first piece came out sooooo great! i love it! you should open it up and take pics of the inside because that part is awesome too! i especially love how you used colored pencil (am i right about that?) to add color and texture! very cool. i'd love to try that on copper sometime. maybe you can show me? :)

dizzylizzy said...

Thanks Katy! I just the pictures of your work on your blog, and man, those are really great! I can definately show you the colored pencil sometime. Its simple and fun. And actually I think Metals Club is doing a demo on it this week?