Tuesday, October 16, 2007

AAR for Droog

Sustains:
-I think the Droog mentality was there. It interacted with the user (interchangeable buttons). It was also decorative but functional.
-I incorporated the new techniques (solder inlay, etching, roll printing, lamination inlay)
-I made schedules for myself and followed them fairly well.

Improves:
-I felt like my craftsmanship in some areas could have been better (getting off the solder behind the hooks better; the loop was not fully soldered by the first day of crit).
-Some of the mechanisms were a little crude.
-The lamination was not soldered on one part, which became apparent after dapping.

What Ifs:
-I would have tried to get my idea thought up sooner to have more time to work.
-If I had more time to work, I would have focused more on the little things with craftsmanship because they really do make the difference.

1 comment:

Jangrrrrl said...

Good job. I agree with your assessments.