Tuesday, September 9, 2008

BlueHouse

Going to Bluehouse on the first day of Design and Production was really exciting. It was cool to see a company being so globally responsible and with really cool and innovative products. And it's so close by! These are some of the items I enjoyed the most.

How cool is this placemat? It's made from recylced rubber and theres a cutout in it that, utilizing popup technolgy, acts as a napkin ring, so you don't need to buy a separete product or worry about losing them.Bluehouse actually had quite a few felted items. I love the clean lines they all had. It's thicker felt than I have made and all of it had a really sturdy, clean, and modern feel to it. It makes me want to give felting another try.
I think bamboo is a really pretty material. Wood in general is lovely and this is a sustainable alternative that looks just as nice but h as it's own unique feel to it.
I really liked the bike chain products becasue they all felt so accesible to me. They chain segments were welded togheter to create a stationary functional product. It's jsut about finding the right material. So I found that really exciting.

1 comment:

Blue's Dad said...

I didn't realize Blue had his own house. I'll have to take him there someday!