Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Market Research

So I've been searching Etsy for rubber jewelry and I haven't really found much. Mainly I've seen chainmail that's been done with metal rings and rubber rings.

I also found
So this is pieces of bike tire. (click photos to get to etsy shop)

This is a rubber chain. She also goes rubber ties etc. She's my favorite of what I've found. Also really reminds me of Arthur Hash.
This is a resin bead with rubber loops.

Then of course there is Nervous System.
Their silicon rubber is cut by waterjet.

And here is Arthur Hash taking old rubber objects and turning them into jewelry.





I'm having even more trouble finding contemporary filigree work. Most filigree on etsy is vintage beads and findings. Everything not on etsy seems to be like really high end and fancy and for a different generation? I want my production line to be a really fun take on filigree.

No comments: