Monday, September 17, 2007

Designers/Artists in Training

I thought that this had a lot of good points in it. I've never been particularly good at keeping up w/ my sketchbook. Keeping a record of things is something I always want to do but never end up doing successfully. I understand the benefit of it though and like the idea of it. It's something I want to get better at. I never really thought of it as figuring out what your interested in, but after hearing it, it makes sense. That really makes me want to keep up w/ it more, because I feel like I like a lot of things. It would be good to kind of hone in on some specifics.
I get the idea of keeping up with information in the craft world. I feel like over the past semester or so, I've come to understand the importance of doing these things and also just the importance of keeping a blog of your work. It seems like everyone has one. I think it's a great way to get your stuff out there and also adds more interest to an audience or buyer to be able to go back and read about the life of the piece that you made.

No comments: