Monday, September 17, 2007

First Project

So I've kind of changed everything I was thinking about for the Droog project. I had liked the bracelet under the shirt idea, but I don't think the textures are going to show up well enough through the shirt. So I was thinking about the brooch over the collar idea, and came up w/ something new. So collared shirts usually have buttons under the collar to keep the collar down. I would make a kind of large button that would be decorated. Possibly with rolling mill texture, though I'm thinking w/ solder inlay, depending on how I construct the button. There would be a pin fastening on the back, which I don't know how to make but I guess I'll find out, and then a piece of metal coming out from it and going over the collar of the shirt. It would have a loop on it that the button would go through, thus keeping the collar down. I was thinking the loop would be textured somehow to look like a buttonhole.
That probably didn't make tons of sense, but later tonight, when I'm not at work, I'm going to scan in some drawings to make it clearer. It's kind of weird, but that's not really a measurement of good or bad. So basically, if anyone reading this have any opinions or ideas, those would be very much appreciated.

No comments: